How to Create Digital Printables to Sell
Are you searching for a way to increase your passive online income? Creating and selling printables is a great option. In this guide, you’ll learn how to make digital printables to sell online.
What Is a Printable?
Printables are just what they sound like: documents that consumers can print and use. Today’s busy people need help planning and organizing, and they’re turning to printables to make the job easier. Some examples of printables include:
- PLR planner templates
- DIY project planners
- Financial planners
- Meal planners
- Fitness and diet planners
- Coloring book pages
- PLR Workshops
….and much more. If you are like most people and you have a system for organizing projects, to-do tasks, and ideas, PLR coloring books are a great way to make money online.
How to Create Printables
The resources and tools needed will depend on what you want to create, but most low content publishing courses and printables require:
- Google Docs, Microsoft Word, or another word processor
- A spreadsheet app
- Design software
- A PDF creator
- Cutting machine software for stickers or die-cut printables
With the above tools and software, you can change free PLR printables to suit your needs.
If you’re not very graphics-savvy, look at how others have designed their printables. Etsy, Google Images, and Pinterest are great places to find inspiration. While it’s not good to copy others’ designs, this process will help you understand how other designers have used font, color, and other elements to make their PLR journal templates more useful and attractive.
Make a List of Ideas
Unless you’re creating a digital planner course to help others get into the print-on-demand business, you’re not likely to make a living on a single project. It’s easier and faster to make one-page printables that can be sold as a bundle or individually.
Sketch Out a Design
Next, sketch your design on paper. This makes it easier to make adjustments. Choose a logo, color scheme, and other branding features. Keep it in your niche, especially if you’re adding to an existing online business.
Choose the Right Size
Plan the printable’s size ahead of time. For spreadsheets, stay within the columns and rows for the paper size your customers will use. If you’re making a planner, create printable PLR in sizes to fit common planners. Do a test print to ensure that the printable looks right on the page. If your printable is designed for use with a hole punch, be sure to leave enough room for those holes without ruining the design.
Selling Printables Online
The easiest and fastest way to sell printables online is to start an Etsy storefront. Creative Market and Fiverr are other great options. However, if more control is what you’re after, consider starting your own store. E-commerce options such as Shopify make it easy and affordable to build an online store.
Marketing Your Business
- If you’re already an online marketer, reach out to your clients through social media and email to tell them about your printables.
- Give PLR calendars away as lead generators or content upgrades in exchange for email list sign-ups.
- Find and utilize keywords to help sale platforms and search engines rank your products higher.
- Write and disseminate articles related to the printables you’re selling and have the bio section point toward your lead magnet or sales page.
- Start a YouTube channel or blog related to the printables’ topic.
- Run social media ads targeting likely buyers.
With these and other tips, you’ll find it easier to break into the printables market. Good luck, and happy selling!